Core Domestic Natural Gas Safety
CPA1 formed part of the CCN1 assessment in April 2012
Course Content – Core Domestic Gas
· Gas safety legislation and Standards.
· Gas emergency actions and procedures.
· Products and characteristics of combustion
· Installation of pipework and fittings.
· Tightness testing and purging.
· Checking and/or setting meter regulators.
· Unsafe situations, emergency notices and warning labels.
· Operation and positioning of emergency isolation controls and valves.
· Checking and setting appliance burner pressures and gas rates.
· Operation and checking of appliance gas safety devices and controls.
· Chimney Standards.
· Chimney inspection and testing.
· Installation of open, balanced and fan assisted chimneys.
· Re-establish existing gas supply and relight appliances.
· Inspect, test, commission and maintain gas appliances (Re-assessment only).