This one day course is ideal for candidates who want to gain knowledge of installation, commissioning and servicing of unvented hot water systems in accordance with current legislation.
- Relevant aspects of the Water Regulations, Building Regulations, British Standards and other related legislation
- Unsafe situations and emergency actions
- Pipework (including sizing, installation, defects and faults)
- Testing (covers standing and working pressures, flow rates)
- Safety controls
- Installation requirements
- Commissioning and servicing
This qualification is intended for plumbing/heating engineers involved in the installation, commissioning, service and repair of hot water systems, solar thermal hot water systems or air/ground source heat pumps.
There are no formal entry requirements to attend the course however a recognised competence in a conventional fuel, i.e. gas, oil, or solid fuel or a relevant plumbing qualification such as an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent experience, is recommended.
After completing the Unvented Hot Water course you will be able to join a Competent Person Scheme.
This will enable you to self-certify your own work and remove the need to consult a building inspector.